Welcome to our Blog!


Come in, sit down, grab a cup of coffee (I take black, Sheri takes french vanilla creamer in hers --- oh, you're not getting us coffee, too?), read a little, make some comments, but most importantly... Have a great time!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Wonderful Craziness of Last Week

I have another thought-provoking post I want to touch on, but first, some fun!



Last week was Josie's Birthday -- Big #4 -- and my HW friend JoLin & I finally wore Tim down into agreeing to get a kitty for Josie. We found little Waffle at the local shelter, and she's been wonderful! She's about 7 months old and potty trained. Josie's in seventh heaven, and I've been able to have a little less mommy-pressure now that Josie has a cat to play with. There's been some clawing and biting (isn't it funny how animals tend to treat the youngest one in the family with less patience?). There was a bit of tension between Waffle and our dog, Abby. But even that is subsiding, and I have grand thoughts of them playing together and laying down on the same doggie bed. Perhaps that's the hopeless optimistic in me, though :-).



I tend to not take Mother's Day too seriously, because I've learned that high expectations only create big disappointment for me. Plus, we're on a Super Budget, which I will touch on in the next post. I really consider myself lucky that I LOVE to flyfish, and the caddis fly hatch falls on Mother's Day. The fish are frisky and fat, and it's great odds that you'll have a good time. Tim, Josie and I drove over to the Yellowstone Sunday late afternoon, and Tim let me catch all the fish I wanted :-).

I love to fish, but I rarely do it without Tim. Our very first date included my first fly fishing lesson out at Spanish Creek. I caught a lot of tiny fish that night. I screamed like a little girl when I noticed a BIG spider on my shoulder. And I really fell in love with Tim. Fly fishing for both of us is very calming and centering, although I will admit I've been through many years of it being just plain frustrating :-). I do feel like I'm ready to break free and perhaps try a little fishing by myself. JoLin, Josie and I went to the Chica de Mayo at The Rivers Edge last Thursday, which was all about empowering women to fish for themselves. There was a wide range of women there, talented fisher women to women who haven't even fished before. And bravo to these women, because stepping into the unknown can be very hard and humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment