Welcome to our Blog!


Come in, sit down, grab a cup of coffee (I take black, Sheri takes french vanilla creamer in hers --- oh, you're not getting us coffee, too?), read a little, make some comments, but most importantly... Have a great time!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Budget Woes

Oh for the money that I lost in Poker earlier this month! There's a bracelet I am drooling over, and you, dear money, would pay for it. *sigh* I miss you! Please come back :*)...

I have to say that the month's almost over and all the cash is gone, but we should be good with groceries until next Tuesday, the first of the month. I must say, the feeling of accomplishment will be great when we see a greater balance in the account than a month ago.

I was blessed to attend an amazing workshop a couple of Fridays ago. Brandon Barber came up to Bozeman for a bootcamp and taught about the three parts of a personality, and how to cut through the self-sabotaging 'stuff' to get to the real you. You take an Assessment Report that
"measures with great accuracy the thought processes that are driving your decisions and actions." This comes with a 40-page report, giving valuable insight into the workings of your minds. Keeping in mind that Brandon coaches a lot of Mary Kay consultants/directors, he is definitely NOT warm and fuzzy --- definitely nice, but not soft! He knows that he has 6 hours to get you to that AHA moment (which mine came 1-hr into the workshop), and he's going to do everything he can to get you there.

I was so excited by the process that I made Sheri take the assessment last Sunday. Her report was right on, exactly who she is. Then we had a fun time picking out our husbands' personalities and reading the specifics. HOLY COW!!! For both of us, we married our opposites, and we tend to butt heads on some matters. To see (on paper) what my spouse needs to make decisions and how he goes about forming a decision was relationship-transforming. "OH! THAT'S WHY HE DOES THAT!!!" "OH! THAT'S WHY HE SAYS THAT!!!" So amazing, in fact, that Brandon is coming back for a 6-hour bootcamp on July 30. This might be a hard one to get the guys to go to, I mean there are a million other things to do on a Friday in the middle of summer (like WORK!), but for the couples that do make the decision to come, it will be the best investment into your marriage/relationship that you have ever made. That Friday's workshop is going to be called "Finding Your US." You are going to learn how to live in a win-win relationship. I'm so stinking excited to drag my husband (kicking and screaming if I have to!) to the bootcamp!!!

The other fun thing we have in the works is for the next day, July 31st. We are throwing a "Finding Your FUN" show at the Hilton Garden to tie into the "Finding Your US" workshop. We are looking for companies that promote fun activities, women-inspired and -run businesses, and any other great booth rental ideas. We will have an area dedicated to volunteer information. It's just going to be FUN!

This week I'm hoping to get all the promotional material together. If anyone has any insight or ideas into vendor shows, please holler :-)! Also, if you have questions about the bootcamp, you can email me at amberblazina@bridgeband.com. Take care, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment