Welcome to our Blog!


Come in, sit down, grab a cup of coffee (I take black, Sheri takes french vanilla creamer in hers --- oh, you're not getting us coffee, too?), read a little, make some comments, but most importantly... Have a great time!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am digging myself out of a mountain of emails today, and I just thought of something --- I haven't posted either link to our newspaper articles. So here they are :)

Bozeman Chronicle's HW Article
Billings Gazette's HW Article

A good friend of mine, Elizabeth, sent me the link to this brooch on Etsy. I think it should be come a standard pin for all Hunting Widows :)!


I've been crocheting up a storm the past 3 days. I had 5 hats to make, and each one required some extra thought. Different styles, different yarns, different sizes. I've successfully made 4 of them. AND I wrote down the patterns as I went along -- shocking, I know (maybe I'll even get the patterns up on my Etsy site!). Unfortunately, my husband and I are battling over one camera in this household instead of our regular two, or else I would post pictures. I added one extra special surprise to the hats this week --- a fleece headband sown into the inside! The one biggest complaint I hear about knitted/crocheted hats is they aren't warm enough. I decided to try whipstitching a piece of fleece to the inside of the hat, like a headband, and I'm so pleased with the results. They are now extremely warm and comfy hats!

Tuesdays include 6 hours of complete silence in my house. Josie goes to Elizabeth's house to spend time with her daughter, Eliana. It's blissful, even though my house is a tad bit dirty. It always astonishes me how quickly the floors get dirty in this house. *sigh*. I received a gift certificate to my favorite yarn store in town for my birthday, and I told myself that if I got everything done on my list I have permission to go spend it frivolously. I've gotten through emails, correspondence and blog post, so I'm 3 steps closer!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment